Edward B. Montgomery
Board of Directors
- Became the ninth President of Western Michigan University in August 2017.
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, with honors, from Pennsylvania State University and both Master's and Doctoral Degrees in Economics from Harvard University.
- Previous member President Barack Obama's Auto Task Force and led the inter-agency White House Council for Auto Communities and Workers.
- During President Clinton's administration, served as Chief Economist, then Counselor and Assistant Secretary for the Department of Labor, before being named Deputy Secretary of Labor.
- Serves on the board of directors of the Center for Law and Social Policy and Southwest Michigan First. He also serves on the Committee on Economic Statistics for the American Economic Association.
- In 2011, elected a fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration.